Are you searching for a funeral home in Burtonsville, MD? It is important that you choose a company that will provide the services to match the needs of your family. It can be a challenging time to plan a funeral, so you need to be sure that you get the support that you need during this experience.
Here at Donald V. Borgwardt Funeral Home, P.A., we have many years of experience in the industry. We offer the highest level of care and respect for your family. As you learn more about our company, you will see that we have built a great reputation in the area. Our full-service funeral home can provide a memorial, burial, or cremation that is needed to match your preferences.
We understand that you might have a few questions about the services that are offered. So, we invite you to schedule a consultation so that we can explain more about your options.
Frequently Asked Questions about Funeral Services
You are always welcome to ask your questions over the phone if you are looking for additional information. Our website also provides answers to a few common questions that you might have:
- When should we start planning the funeral? Pre-planning is a great way to reduce the stress when someone passes away. But, families don’t always have the extra time to work through the details in advance. We will work with your preferred timeframe. For example, we offer pre-planning services that can be done many years before the funeral. Or, we can provide fast, reliable services if the funeral is unexpected.
- What is the cost of a funeral? The expenses will vary depending on the services that are needed. A full funeral with a nice casket, embalming, a viewing, graveside services, and more can be costly. But, many families see the importance of maintaining tradition, and funds are often available through savings accounts or life insurance policies. If you are looking for a cheaper option, then you might consider cremation without embalming. We can break down the costs to help you decide on the services that will match your budget and the needs of your family.
- Do you provide caskets and urns? You will need a final resting place for the body or the ashes, which means that you need to choose either a casket or urn. Some families have already chosen the casket they would like to use, while others need to look at the options that are offered. We have a range of products that you might consider, or you are welcome to bring the urn or casket if you prefer.
- Where should the funeral be held? One of the easiest options is to hold the funeral here in our funeral home. But, you might consider other venues such as a local church or meeting house. We can work with your needs to ensure that the transportation is arranged for the body.
- What are the options for a final resting place? If you choose a traditional funeral and burial, then you need to purchase a burial plot in a cemetery. For families who choose cremation, the options are open for a final resting place. You might consider keeping the ashes in an urn at home, burying them in a plot, or scattering them in a memorial garden. Consider the needs and desires of your family members, then choose a solution that will be right for you.
- Does a body have to be embalmed before cremation? When a cremation is done, it is not necessary to embalm the body. The only time that an embalmment is needed is if you are going to have a viewing service. Some families don’t want to embalm the body, so they choose cremation or a closed-casket service.
- Should I pre-plan a funeral for myself? It might seem like an uncomfortable idea to look at pre-planning services while you are alive. But, this option is a great way to ensure that your final details are administered to match your preferences. Pre-planning allows you to lock in the price, relieve the financial burden from the family, and simplify the process when it is time to plan your funeral in the future.
If you have additional questions about funeral services or cremations, then our team here at Donald V. Borgwardt Funeral Home, P.A. is always here to offer assistance. You are welcome to call any time of day or night if you need to arrange a pickup for a family member.
For more information about the leading funeral home services in Burtonsville, MD, we invite you to schedule a consultation. The Donald V. Borgwardt Funeral Home, P.A. is located at 4400 Powder Mill Rd, Beltsville, MD 20705. Or, you can call if you would like to schedule a consultation to learn more about the services that are available: (301) 937-1707